How to become a Habitat volunteer
Habitat for Humanity of Denton County is a volunteer-driven organization. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us in our mission to end substandard housing throughout Denton County. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, with onsite construction work being the most popular form.
We welcome the following:
- Individual Volunteers for Builds or assisting at the ReStore facility
- Group Volunteers for Builds
- Intern Volunteers at the Habitat office
Your contact information will be reviewed, added to our volunteer list and we will call you whenever there is a volunteer opportunity available for your interest(s) or experience(s).
NO ONE UNDER 14 IS ALLOWED ON THE BUILD WORKSITE DURING CONSTRUCTION!
- Ages 14 and 15 can do cleaning, landscaping, and painting only. This age group is allowed to serve food/refreshments to the volunteers (away from the build area) and clean up at the designated spots.
- Age 16, with parent/guardian present, can participate in construction but CANNOT run power tools, work above 8’ or do demolition or excavation work.
- Age 17, with a waiver signed by a parent/guardian, can participate in construction but CANNOT run power tools, work above 8’ or do demolition or trench work.
- Age 18 or older can do any of the construction jobs, after signing a volunteer waiver form.